FTV ME Screens for Multiple Identical Machines on one PLC

Geoff White

I am building a system that has three identical machines running in a single Logix PLC as separate programs: Cell1, Cell2, Cell3

There are going to be three screens that are used to run the machines.
The obvious way to do it is to build a screen for Cell1 and then clone it and replace instances of cell1 with cellx. However this is somewhat time consuming after each update.

I know you can pass the program name as a parameter when a screen is opened so I can add a parameter file for each screen specifying the cell number to use in the tags.

Is there a way to specify a global parameter that can be substituted to every screen so I only have to alter one parameter to change a screen from one cell to another after cloning?

I am building a system that has three identical machines running in a single Logix PLC as separate programs: Cell1, Cell2, Cell3

There are going to be three screens that are used to run the machines.
The obvious way to do it is to build a screen for Cell1 and then clone it and replace instances of cell1 with cellx. However this is somewhat time consuming after each update.

I know you can pass the program name as a parameter when a screen is opened so I can add a parameter file for each screen specifying the cell number to use in the tags.

Is there a way to specify a global parameter that can be substituted to every screen so I only have to alter one parameter to change a screen from one cell to another after cloning?

How many tags do you have on each screen?

Depending on how you do your tagging, CTRL-R does a tag substitution on what you have selected.

From the Manual...

(Rockwell Automation Publication VIEWME-UM004Q-EN-E - March 2022)

Use these global connections to replace tag placeholders in displays that use
parameters when they open:
• Parameter file — identifies the parameter file for the display being
opened remotely.
• Use Parameter List — notifies the application that a parameter list is
to be used to provide the parameters to the display being opened
remotely.
• Parameter Tag #1-10 — the tag values assigned to these global
connections will replace the tag placeholders on the display being
opened remotely

Chapter 25, pages 401-415