SLC 504 issue with TON

The other test is do you have another SLC CPU you could download the program to and see if that one screws up the timer.

Then put a test program in this CPU to see what it does with various timers.

EDIT: Do the other timers with 0.01 timebases's work?

Last edited:
The PDF has almost all of the other timers using the 0.01 time base, so I think the answer to that is yes.

I saw that but had to ask.

Sometimes the stupidest question is the one that figures out the root problem.

And when working with operators in stamping plants I have had to ask some stupid questions, and then ask why he/she didn't tell me that 2 hours ago when I first got here.

Yes all other timers work fine.
When we are able to take it down i'm going to try a download and add some extra Bits and Floats and see if that helps, then i will replace PLC. Regardless if the download does anything i will replace PLC either way because I can't trust it now. Think if this was on something important. A delay timer for a shutdown or something.... No one would ever believe that the timer just didn't work.

LOL
Thanks everyone for helping me prove my sanity.

... No one would ever believe that the timer just didn't work. .

I have a SLC 5/03 sitting on my desk, covered with red glitter hot melt glue so I never use it in a project, that when you put it in Program, or fault it out purposely, it 'forgets' to turn off any of the outputs that were on that scan.

Now (not running) it will never turn the pumps, blowers, conveyors, valves, etc. off until it kills every person on this planet and no one is left to generate electricity for it to keep powered up.

Refusing to run one timer is paltry compared to this.

I have a SLC 5/03 sitting on my desk, covered with red glitter hot melt glue so I never use it in a project, that when you put it in Program, or fault it out purposely, it 'forgets' to turn off any of the outputs that were on that scan.

Now (not running) it will never turn the pumps, blowers, conveyors, valves, etc. off until it kills every person on this planet and no one is left to generate electricity for it to keep powered up.

Refusing to run one timer is paltry compared to this.

LOL
Thats pretty bad.