StudioLogix5000 Mini

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have Two legitimate copies of RSLogix5000 Mini editions.
One serial # (16xxxxx181) that I use on my Laptop here, and another serial # (16xxxxx842) that I use on a Machine that is located overseas. (Not my real serial numbers) ;-)
I just recently Updated my Laptop to V34, but I don’t remember which Serial number I used.
Is there a way to figure it out?
I’m guessing that the software doesn’t keep track and that I only need the serial number for upload and Factory talk activation.
I checked the About info, and I can’t find anything.
I going to need to add V34 to the overseas computer, but I don't want to pick the wrong serial number.

StudioLogixAbout.JPG

I found out in my notes which serial number that I just used to download V34, so I will use the other serial number for my overseas machine.

For future reference the serial number entered at installation:

1. Has to be a valid serial number through their checksum for RSL/S5K. (RSlogix 5 & RSL500 used to allow any number after the first 4 - I found that out by it accepting a typo and running fine.)

2. The 'Family" of the serial number (first 4 digits) determines the edition - Pro, Full, Mini, Enterprise, Regular that is allowed to run.

I have 5, 500 & 5K installed on 4 desktops and a few laptops all with the same serial number, just only 1 license on the USB-Dongle that I carry around with me.