Omron NT31C - Uploading a Screen

Dstew

Hello,

I have an Omron NT31C that I am trying to upload a screen to from my laptop. The software on my laptop is NT-series Support Tool ver. 4.87 and Translation Support Utility ver. 2.00.

I made a simple screen using the NT-series Support Tool. Then I tried to upload it to the NT31C using the same cable that I used earlier to install the software - Omron Direct Access (E) Version 3.23.

To start the upload I select "Transmit Mode" on the Omron and select the correct com port with NT-series Support Tool. At NT-series Support Tool I select Connect -> Upload -> Screen. At this point I see a brief flash of information on the Omron screen but at the NT-series Support Tool I get the following error "Memory Access Mismatch, Communication Aborted".

I believe I am missing a step which is to select Tools -> PT Configuration -> Control/Notify Area. Am I on the right path? And does anyone have an idea of what PLC Address to use in the following:

- PT Control Area?
- PT Notify Area?
- PLC Address?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

I'm not using a PLC. I am trying to create screens on my laptop with NT-Series Support Tool and then upload them to the Omron. Just trying to learn that part of it.

Notify and Control areas are locations in PLC memory that allow you to control the screen.
Typically for an Omron PLC the Notify and Control areas were either H or D memory.
I have attached a memory map file showing addresses and range.

gtsuport

gtusport

I looked at the chart you posted. I do not understand how it applies.

I did make some progress but what I ended up doing to solve the "address" error in PT Configuration was the following:

PLC Address: 00004

PT Notify Area: 00008

Window Control Area: 00016

I read through the manual but did not find this specific information. Instead I found a couple discussions somewhere on the net. Basically, a little dumb luck.