HMI Design Progress Bar

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Show me how you do Progress Bars
I know how to create one, but I was wondering if anyone has some cool graphics that they would like to share.
I have a process that has a bunch of separate steps, and I am trying to figure out how I want to display the progress in each step.

Progress.PNG

I have made a career of watching progress bars. I do it. Like. This.

giphy.gif

I know how to create one, but I was wondering if anyone has some cool graphics that they would like to share.
I have a process that has a bunch of separate steps, and I am trying to figure out how I want to display the progress in each step.

I'm curious if the High Performance HMI Handbook has a section on the ideal way to show progress bars?

Wouldn't it be silly to purchase a 14 year old book on HMI design?

I've taken a peek in there a couple times over the past couple years, and it still looks pretty modern to me, not sure if they've made revisions since. I guess when most HMIs still look straight out of 1994, 2008 looks pretty modern by comparison! :ROFLMAO:

Is there a newer HMI design reference guide?
Weren't we using Monochrome Panelviews in 2008? :ROFLMAO:
I don't know if there is a newer design reference.
I was hoping to have someone from PLCS.net qanda show what they've done.
Maybe Y'all have some cool stuff?