Looking for exercises to do after work

sanoflex

Dears,
recently i started a job as a PLC Programmer, but still i think my programming level is low and i want to get better.

I work in TIA and I wanted to do some excersises at home after work, but i cannot find proper ones.
Everything i found already is pretty simple tasks and i wanted to do something little bit more advanced.

Can you give me some site, book or something else with programs to write and it would be perfect if it includes already sample solutions.

Siemens Open Library is a good place to start.

Check how it's used... then, as I suggested someone here on Monday, program a soup making process with all the elements in that library.

Bonus points if you make your own blocks and create the process control for the soup making.
I say soup, but can be anything from adhesives to effluent treatment.

Worth pointing that this isn't a great exercise if you're working on high speed machinery for example.

Start with a function to calculate the square root of a number using only plus/minus/divide/subract.

Expand to calculate the nth root (n is an integer :) )

Last edited:
Theory crafting is all very well and good.

Getting thrown into the deep end and trying to figure it out is a good teacher also.

Get an old brief from a completed project and try and work it out for yourself.

Ask for business people on this site to PM their course and training offerings to you.

search terms on this site:

• exercise
  • homework
  • learning
click the [LEARN PLCS] button above.

watch this series of videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3tnXu-Eywc&list=PLB1ACAF773A15BFB1

memorize the patterns at this site: http://www.contactandcoil.com/patterns-of-ladder-logic-programming/

washing machine

microwave

garage door

traffic light

lead-lag sump pumps

automated spray booth on an overhead conveyor (search; you'll find summat)

FIFO: boxes on a conveyor, where a measurement at one station affects an action at a later station (e.g. pass/fail and pass/reject), where there can be many boxes in between the stations.

Calculate rotational speed from encoder pulses; evaluate different methods (timing counting); summarize errors and sources of error.

What I did, and still do, is if I see something in the world I wonder if I can program it, get on the computer and usually make a program that I think works better than what I saw.

I saw a light bar on a construction truck that changed modes every few seconds, got an old ML1000 and programmed it in a couple of hours. Then I wanted to see it in action other than the 2 output LED's, so I went to a hobby shop that sold model cars, but the didn't have a construction truck, only fire rescue or police, then I saw the Ghostbusters car. It had 3 sets of lights, not 2 so it took 2 days to change the program and a day to modify and wire the car - I still have the car and the program, but the ML1000 was sold long ago.

Dear experts,
thanks for your replay, i appreciate.

Do anyone have sample programs, from begginer level to advanced, I will take everything.

If you have please send me. Thanks.