Omron Sysmac C200HX CPU65-z and Ethernet

glideratio

Hi guys,
I have the following setup Omron Sysmac C200HX connected to a HMI panel using serial port.
I need to access some data in the PLC externally from the ethernet network using OPC server.
Question: Is there any Ethernet IP module for Omron Sysmac C200HX ??

p.s. Omron website and support is not good at all for finding info.

Thanks

Contact your local Omron office - that is what they are there for.
Support info for the C200HX is waning as it is quite old now. Most Omron sites only refer to the latest PLCs.
Try the US site - it is generally the best for info/manuals.
That aside, the C200HX is generally not mentioned anymore and I do not believe it had Ethernet capabilities - someone my prove me wrong though.

There was no ethernet module for the C200H alpha (or before). The ethernet module came with the release of the CS1.
In saying that there was a PCMCIA module which you could use PCMCIA to ethernet cards but this was fragile & problematic (wouldn't do it in an industrial install).
Best answer I can offer is to find a serial to ethernet gateway and use the RS232

11 years back used C200HW-PCS01-EV1 and C200HW-COM01 for Ethernet communication between FIX32 SCADA and Omron C200HE-CPU42 (Alpha series) which I upgraded to a CS1G-CPU43 and CS1W-ETN21.

C20HW-COM01 comm board was installed in the CPU and C200HW-PCS01 was mounted next to the CPU and there was a small bridge unit (C200HW-CE011)connecting PCS01 to COM01. The PCS01 was used to called as Ethernet Set because it contained C200HW-PCU01 card and PCMCIA type Ethernet card to be inserted in it. In my case the PCMCIA ethernet card was from Kingston Technology. The PCU01 had built-in MSDOS 5. Ten years after installation the Kingston card failed but luckily the user had a spare. The system was still working when I upgraded but it was difficult to get compatible PCMCIA ethernet card.

The relevant manual no. W313-E1-2A

My recommendation is to go for CS1 and ETN21

Hope this helps.

SVN

compatible PCMCIA ethernet cards.

11 years back used C200HW-PCS01-EV1 and C200HW-COM01 for Ethernet communication between FIX32 SCADA and Omron C200HE-CPU42 (Alpha series) which I upgraded to a CS1G-CPU43 and CS1W-ETN21.

C20HW-COM01 comm board was installed in the CPU and C200HW-PCS01 was mounted next to the CPU and there was a small bridge unit (C200HW-CE011)connecting PCS01 to COM01. The PCS01 was used to called as Ethernet Set because it contained C200HW-PCU01 card and PCMCIA type Ethernet card to be inserted in it. In my case the PCMCIA ethernet card was from Kingston Technology. The PCU01 had built-in MSDOS 5. Ten years after installation the Kingston card failed but luckily the user had a spare. The system was still working when I upgraded but it was difficult to get compatible PCMCIA ethernet card.

The relevant manual no. W313-E1-2A

My recommendation is to go for CS1 and ETN21

Hope this helps.

SVN

Hi do you still got that list of compatible PCMCIA ethernet cards for c200hw-pcu01?

Old catalog says;

Kingston Technology KNE-PCM/T
or other brands "ODI SPEC3 Compatible"

Would really recommend replacing whole PLC with a CJ2 - easy to convert.

The old C200H hardware is well out of support and I'm not even sure if it is still available to purchase parts. Even the CS1 which replaced is is hard to get parts for.

Last edited:
Actually my post is very old (February 20th, 2009). It was after I upgraded the PLC to CS1 series with ETN21.

The image shows the relevant info about the PCMCIA cards from manual W313-E1-2A

It is better to replace the PLC

SVN

Ether.jpg

Many thanks for sharing :)

Ofcourse, I will consider an upgrade. But for the moment is the machine out of service becouse of this faulty lan card. -and I have to solve this a.s.a.p.

I have located a few cards on ebay: "Actiontec Fastnet PE-200" alt."Actiontec Fastnet NE-10000" .
-its har to find documentation of those old pcmcia cards becouse they are obsolete

Do anyone have any idea?

pe200.JPG pe200_2.JPG pe200_3.JPG

Last edited:
Thx, I got this manual and it says; the specs for the PCU01

Im looking for the cards that can provide DOS od1 and SPEC3.

Applicable Ethernet Cards The PC Card Unit uses a DOS ODI driver. Although two DOS ODI drivers are
currently in existence (SPEC3 and SPEC4), the PC Card Unit supports the
SPEC3 ODI driver only. Therefore, Ethernet cards that have only the SPEC4
ODI driver cannot be used

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for the information. I have exactly the same problem. Have you found any cards that run ODI SPEC3?