Hand-Off-Auto switches

Does NFPA-79 apply to pumps?

Read the very first page or so and I believe it is very specific about what it applies to. I don’t have a copy handy but I seem to remember that it doesn’t cover pumps.

I may be reading that differently but to me it is referring to the emergency stop command.

If you press an E-Stop (Command) it is not possible to reset that command elsewhere. So a latching E-Stop button ensures you are local to the area the estop command was initiated.

The reset of the command (unlatching) will not restart the equipment but will allow the complete E-Stop circuit to be reset from wherever which would in turn allow the machinery to be restarted.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I'm generating AOIs for lots of our shipped components and, for the purpose of eliminating superfluous functionality/bloat, I got stuck...
Replies
Views
I am trying to wire a 525 vfd for a Hand/Off/Auto setup. Hand is a manuel start cmd (T 11 to T 2). Auto will be over ethernet. I am not for sure...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am having an issue. I have an HMI touch panel hooked up to my Micrologix 1500 cpu. I have a hand/off/auto HMI button matrix on the screen...
Replies
Views
Sounds like simple programming, but anyone have ideas on how to program a HAND-OFF-AUTO selector switch on a touchscreen Panelview 1400. I tried...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I display the step number of a SFC on a display. Sometimes, on a trip, it goes quickly through many steps and I need to prove to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom