Powerflex 525 startup wizard error

jakeparsons03

I keep getting this error when getting to the "direction test" portion of the startup wizard. It says "received an error response to a control message. This may have been caused by a loss of communications or network scanner may have begin controlling the device". None of those cases are true. Has anyone ran into this?

I keep getting this error when getting to the "direction test" portion of the startup wizard. It says "received an error response to a control message. This may have been caused by a loss of communications or network scanner may have begin controlling the device". None of those cases are true. Has anyone ran into this?

Knowledgebase says this is a known problem.
See article QA45452.

Unfortunately this is not the same error. I have tried isolating this vfd to its own project with factory default parameters and it still gives me the same error, so I know its not my program. At what point do I say that the drive is faulty?

The only way I can get it to run is to put it in override and command it from there.

Old thread but I was having the same popup issue when getting to direction test.
Take the controller offline and put it into remote program mode.