Omron C60k help

ShawnCore

Our small company ran into a huge problem... the battery in our Aqueous wash PLC exploded, and destroyed the PLC and Program along with it. We ordered a used PLC and the PRO15 programmer... but I honestly have no idea how to use it.

There was a copy of the program printed out in the manual when our company bought the Aqueous wash system used. So I have the program on paper, but trying to learn about PLCs, PRO15 programmer, LSS/Syswin software... and then to recreate the program in the software, and transfer it to the programmer and PLC is very confusing for a complete amateur. I've never even seen a PLC before last week lol

But I was wondering if I could get some pointers? I have every manual for CK60 Install/Operation, PRO15 Operation, and the Syswin software. The word/bits and all is a bit confusing and I can't really grasp it in a crash course over a few days.... but it's imperative we get our Aqueous up and running in the next week or so. I can't even find a good video tutorial on C60k/Syswin to explain it for Dummies like myself.

Or someone could take a look at the program and let me know if its possible with the Syswin software? I can't understand all the different points on the KEEP outputs... adding the KEEP statement in the software doesn't look anything like the printout I have for line 0000 ... and it's only gonna get more confusing I'm afraid. One output has like 16 reference points that I have no clue how to add in the Syswin software.

I've attached the pdf of the program printout, so if someone could please let me know if it's worth the trouble or just impossible... I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Shawn

CORE Tech

Edit: Can't seem to upload the pdf of the program

The C--K series has been obsolete for 20 years, hence no videos.
Guessing the printout of the program is is instruction list?
That is how you would program with a PRO15.

Syswin can program in instruction list.
However, to use Syswin you will need a Host Link unit.
3G2C7-LK201 is the part number. Omron no longer makes them.
You should be able to find on ebay.

I do not have Syswin loaded to be able to tell you how to do that. Syswin will only run in Windows XP.

One of the other Omron guys here might be able to tell you.

Let us know how we can further assist.

gtsuport

Wow you are reaching back in to history here... it's probably been 10 years since I cracked open Syswin.

If you have the program printout, I suggest it is time to upgrade to a current PLC model.

I think that is what we used back in like 1988, pro15 it would snap on the front of several brick style plc's. Programming was in pnemonic's. I could be wrong but pro15 stick out, traveled the world for an OEM with that and an eprom burner.

If so program could be printed out in pnemonic's or ladder either works, if pnemonic enter as you read it, programmer had symbols on keys.

pnemonic instructions were like :

Ld: to start a rung for a normal open contact
and: for normal open after in that rung
and not: normal closed
or: rung branch for normal open
ornot= rung branch with normal closed
out=coil at end of rung I think 33 years ago for me

I remember octal addressing
I remember move statement so you could move bit like 8 at a time to for example turn on outputs very difficult statement to follow but very handy.

If print out is in ladder you must translate to pnemonic's to enter with pro15

Sorry but that is about all I can remember.

If large program you will be better off get something new look at automation direct some software is free and very inexpensive plc's.

Or hire someone to do it.

Good luck

Or hire someone to do it.
^ This, especially if this is time-critical. It will be expensive, but that must be weighed against days (weeks) of downtime.

This is not much different than a commissioning. It will take long enough to do the I/O checkout; if this needs to be running by next week then you do not want to spend time learning new software.

It is at best a guess whether it is better to get an exact replacement on eBay and copy the program from the PDF, or start with a new brand of PLC and port the program from the PDF. And if you are wondering how to program the old hardware and you find the syntax is confusing, then you may not be the best person to be making that guess.

Uploaded the program

Thanks for replies everyone!

I finally figured out the issue, thanks to Snyd1. The initial upload said 3mb, but I guess that's for paid membership. 300k for free users.

So I rescanned the PDF into smaller size of 163k and uploaded.

Please... if anyone can help me understand what this PDF is... program/instuctions/ect, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the PRO15 programmer attached to the PLC right now. But I have no idea how to use anything atm. Wish there was a simple video for dummies on how to use the programmer.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do not imagine, nor let management be deluded into thinking, they are going to get out of this for a few hundred dollars. This started on Friday or earlier so it is way past that already.

The program is ladder logic, and it is the smaller and cheaper problem: find someone who knows Omron addressing and coding and pay them x$/h to re-write that code (x >= 150); if it comes even close to 1k$ total I would be surprised, but a blanket fixed offer of 1-2k$ would not be a waste of money if this is time critical and they know what they are doing and can make themselves available now.

Your bigger problem will be getting the I/O right. hopefully the exploding battery did not destroy the connections/terminals: add labels if needed before disconnecting; take lots of pictures. Do you have someone that understands the process? If yes pair them with the programmer and get the process properly documented (figure out what each ladder rung does).

Who knows; you may get lucky.

Longer term pay someone to port this to modern hardware, make the transition while you have this successful recover still in mind, and have a pre-programmed spare ready next time.

Summary:

Faster, Better, Cheaper: you can only ever have two out of three.

Someone scrimped on either or both of the first two to get the third, got promoted, and the process has been living with a time bomb for a couple of decades. It is now time to pay the piper.

Last edited:
Here is your first rung.
You will not need the X or decimal point for the address.
Did this in CX-Programmer and it does on support CK plc.
Set this as a CP1L.

Mnemonic.jpg

So the PDF I uploaded is an exact printout of the program needed?

The connections are intact. Both the Input and Output connector pops right off and you can remove the PLC and leave all the wiring.

We ordered a used C60k replacement, and I just snapped the connectors into the new one. Nothing was disturbed.

I attached the PRO15 programming console to the front of the PLC.

I just don't understand how to feed it from paper into the programmer. If you look on the Output side of line 00000 of ladder it has:

............|
[Keep ]..|
[H0006].|
............| <H0006>
............| a 00051
............|

From reading up on the ladder programming, I understand the basic Input on/off to Output on/off... but I have no idea what the numbers on the right side of the printout mean... the a 00051

All the way down the program there are those numbers on the outside of the ladder. Line 00023 has <<c015-c015>> and 12 numbers after. Just don't understand what that means.

I have the PRO15 console manual and also for the C60k... but again, the crash course to have this programmed into a new PLC is confusing for a complete noob.

Thanks for any help guys/gals... appreciate it.

Shawn
CORE Tech

Last edited: