Kinetix Servo programming question

buchnich

I have a Kinetix 5500 servo with a CompactLogix PLC. In a lot of my sequences, I'd like to check if the servo is at some specific position. The problem is that I can't just say if Axis.ActualPosition = 60, since the servo will likely be something close to, but not exactly, 60. Perhaps something like 60.002. Is there an easy way to check this? I'd like to avoid manually programming a check that sees if the position is with +/- of some predefined distance from the nominal position.

I was thinking maybe I could check the Axis.CommandPosition along with some other tag that tells me if the servo is at VelocityStandstillStatus at the commanded position, but I can't find anything.

I know that Beckhoff has something that does this called something like Axis.InTargetPosition.

Thanks

You can use compare statements with commanded position and actual position to turn on an inposition ote. Then use the bit off that in your programming.

Good day, in order to install or add another panelview in the studio 5000 comp program would have to be done? I already downloaded the firmware, but in which rokwell folder i have to copy it, tank you.

Back to the original question...an alternative to comparing actual position to command position is to use the PositionLockStatus bit to indicate the axis is within the lock tolerance of the command after the move is complete.