Canada - Vancouver Jobs

TimeFluxCap

Hello to my Canadian friends

One of my fellow Aussie mates is moving to Vancouver to work on some mining projects based out of Vancouver and wants me to go with him.

Is there much work for Controls/PLC in Vancouver at the moment?

Well, sure would be!

Plenty of PLC jobs in Perth WA at the moment Phillip especially if you know your stuff like you do.

My job is pretty low paying though so I dont think you would want it
icon10.gif

But a good job it still is.

good luck with it timeflux. I got offered a job there last year in the timber/lumber industry but can't convince the family to move. I went there in '04, it's a great place.

I was reading in one of the canadian national newpapers a couple of weeks back that mining companies are starving for skilled workers in canada. I think the numbers they were using is that in the next 10 years, there will be 80,000 mining positions that need to be filled, 40,000 from the old guys retiring, and 40,000 because of the mining boom we are experiencing.

I would imagine most of the jobs would be in alberta though, or up north.

I watched a show on TV, discovery channel I think, about a mining process (dredge type mining) in Canada, not sure exactly where but it was "far north". The regular salaries were something like 100K a year. It was not a place you would have a family nor drive to work though. I did not watch enough to determine if you could actually work there year around but at that pay rate....

Yeah, the type of jobs Ron is talking about are 2 week on 2 week off type jobs, where you fly up and live in a compound for 2 weeks. A electrician I was talking to was saying that the pay was over 100K, but that was in canadian dollars (I guess nowadays the exchange isnt that far off though).

That being said, im still here in my comfy office, and havent put out one resume to them.