Deleting Cache Files for Factory Talk SE Client

Abner300wsm

I am trying to delete the cache files of an FactoryTalk View SE Client. I go to SE Service manager and stop the HMI Server. Then I go to the HMI Projects folder and open the project and try to delete the cache file folder. It gives me an error of the project being open somewhere else. I have closed SE client and stopped the server. I can not figure out where else it could be open and used. I am using FT v6.00 the computer is windows XP running internet explorer 8.00 Any help would be great I am new to FT SE and am not a fan so far.

You will probably have to stop all services, including IIS.
To stop IIS goto the control panel and administrator tools.
Other services can be viewed through task manager. I am not entirely sure all of the services that need to be stopped.

Regards,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

FT View starts up a lot of services and many of the names are clear but most are very cryptic.

On a reboot what starts your project? Is there a client file in the windows startup menu or something else or do you start it manual?

Find out how it starts and disable it. If the project is being run by a client file in the startup menu just remove it from the startup menu and reboot then you can delete the cache as none of the FT View services that hinder that will start.

You can add a "flush cache" button to your client screens, if that's of any help? What are you trying to achieve by deleting the cache files?

You can add a "flush cache" button to your client screens, if that's of any help? What are you trying to achieve by deleting the cache files?

Cache will not normally let you delete it with FT services running.If FT services are not running that means your client app will not be running so how would you use a button within the app?

FTView SE has a command to flush the cache which you can attach to a button, a macro, or just about anything else you can think of. I've used it, and it works - for what I wanted to do

If we know what the OP is trying to achieve by deleting cache files, perhaps their issue can be overcome the same way. Or perhaps it can't, but we don't know until we get the context.

FTView SE has a command to flush the cache which you can attach to a button, a macro, or just about anything else you can think of. I've used it, and it works - for what I wanted to do

That only flushes the active display cache on the client it is issued from. It can't do anything about the historical log cache, or the real time data server cache's, which do have to be deleted manually when the server is completely shut down if (when) they become corrupt.

It is frustrating enough for me, that I have a batch file using the command line service control interface (sc) to stop and set to Disabled all Rockwell services. Then I can go delete the caches, run another batch to restore the services to normal operation, and reboot.

EX:
sc stop SomeRockwellService
sc config SomeRockwellService start= disabled

Thanks everyone for your help. I am trying to delete the cache files because I made some changes to the HMI but the changes I made are not showing up when i create a new client. I talked to Rockwell and they said to delete the cache files. I will try the flush cache command. Thanks everyone