email or text from hmi

The Maple Systems (Weintek) HMI's have a decent setup for emailing alarms. I haven't tried it with any of the others so I can't compare.

Best? No idea.. Most have some form of option for it.
You can put Win911 into the AB, WW, GE ones.
I *think* peakhmi has it built in.
Ignition from IA has it built in.

Of the ones I've used(all but Peak from my above list), I preferred the Ignition features for that.

Red Lion HMI's have a built in web server that I have used to VPN into a former plants network. It is easy to set up e-mail alerts with. They also can do texting but you have to purchase the cellular card and get a sim card from a cell provider.

I am working on a side project with my friends refrigeration company using Redlion HMI's for remote control and troubleshooting via smartphone of customers refer systems. Fun project.

Automation Direct's C-More panels will do what you need and are easy to configure, let alone will integrate seamlessly into most popular platforms. For the cost.....It's really a no brainier.

As is indicated here, there are a lot of HMIs out there that can do this; we are using GE's Cimplicity, which requires a separate license to activate PAGER... we used it for years to have a modem dial a paging service to send alarms to our pagers. It also has the ability to send emails.

What we found recently, though, is that AT&T, which is the provider for our company cell phones, has a service called AT&T Business Messaging. This service, when activated on the cell phone, provides a portal that can be accessed multiple ways; through emails, a website, or in our case a nodem-reachable service that allows text messages to be sent to AT&T cell phones. Not for everyody, but for us it was certainly cheaper and more reliable than the paging service.

End of commercial 🤷

They also can do texting but you have to purchase the cellular card and get a sim card from a cell provider.

You do not need a Sim card or cell card for sending texts. You can just set it up thru a mail server. Our Red Lion rep sent me info on how to do this. I'll try dig it up later.

Red Lion HMIs are a piece of cake. Give it access to your network, email setup and your good to go. Use ours for email and texting of alarm info.

I use Red Lion also for the emails.

padees - I would like to see what you have for setting up the text messaging.

I use Red Lion also for the emails.

padees - I would like to see what you have for setting up the text messaging.

With most the cell phone companies you can receive texts using your phone's number as an email address.
Verizon usually uses
[email protected]

I'm not sure what all the others are but I can verify it works very well through the red lion this way without purchase of cell card/modem.