Wonderware Intouch

kelvinfok

Dear members, I would like to install running running hour counters to monitor how long have the equipment been running.

I have sucessfully install the hour counter by using the $minute script under "data change" and the counters are running fine. There are two points of monitoring. One counter(run time counter) for monitoring time clasp between maintenance and another counter(total run time counter) for monitoring the total run time since the equipment has been installed.

The problem I am facing is I need to add the existing hours into (run time counter) and (total run time counter) which I do not know how to proceed. This two counters need to have reset function when the equipment has been maintenance or replaced.

Thank you in advance for the replied.

Sorry for the confusion. What I mean is I need to add some existing hours to the counters. For example I need the (run time counter) to start with 8760 hours since the last maintenance was done two years back. I also need (total run time counter) to start from 87000 hours since it was install 10 years back.

I need to configure reset function for these counters also.

Now I can understand your question. I told you it's easy. It's actually easy.

Step 1. Create 2 more Memory Integer tags. Name them the way you like. One is for adding to runtime counter since last maintenance. One is for adding to total runtime counter. Make sure the Max Value in database is 2,147,483,647 (max value for InTouch Memory Integer).

Step 2. Find a place in your screen to create 2 set point entries, 2 adding buttons, and 2 reset buttons.

The first set point entry connects to the tag you created for adding to runtime using User Input animation.
The second set point entry connects to the tag you created for adding to total using User Input animation. Make sure the Min Value and Max Value in the animation dialog box are large enough for your entries. You can put a negative number for the Min Value so that you can adjust your value not only up but also down.

The first adding button uses the action script: runtime = runtime + addingTag;
The second adding button uses the action script: totalTag = totaltag + addingTotalTag;

The first reset button uses the action script On Left Click: runtime = 0;
The second reset button uses the action script On Left Click: totalTag = 0;

As I told you above about allowing negative entry, in case you mistakenly add a too large value to your runtime. You can enter a negative number in your set point entry to correct it.