Red Lion Remote View Setup Help

jxm1092

Back again everyone with Red Lion questions. I am trying to setup the remote viewing with a Red Lion to a PLC from my computer, but am unable to get it to work. I have the ethernet add on card in the unit and the PLC plugged into the ethernet port on the RL chassis. The PLC address is 192.168.254.128 so I have the network IP address set to .129 and the network mask and gateways are identical. I also have routing enabled and then on the device setup I have that PLC address in the device identification box.

I thought that is all I needed and then I go to the .129 address from my PC and I could see the remote screens I made but perhaps I am wrong?

Thank you for the help.

I should also note that I manually set the IP address on my PC to be 192.168.254.20 as well so that I could be on that network to see everything.

Can you ping the Redlion Display from your PC?

All you have to do is enable the Web Server Control (disabled by Default) and make sure that Remote Viewing is Enabled (it is enabled by Default)

There isn't anything else you need to do. If you still can't connect, get your IT people to help you - it is a networking problem.

Can you ping the Redlion Display from your PC?

All you have to do is enable the Web Server Control (disabled by Default) and make sure that Remote Viewing is Enabled (it is enabled by Default)

There isn't anything else you need to do. If you still can't connect, get your IT people to help you - it is a networking problem.

haha I wish I had IT people. I don't know that it's a networking problem because its just a bench top setup of the PLC, RL and PC all connected off the network just to each other. And both of those settings are enabled as well.

haha I wish I had IT people. I don't know that it's a networking problem because its just a bench top setup of the PLC, RL and PC all connected off the network just to each other. And both of those settings are enabled as well.

Post your configuration and I'll look at it.

If you have a desktop setup, the Gateway should be 0.0.0.0 on everything. If not you will most likely have problems.

Post your configuration and I'll look at it.

If you have a desktop setup, the Gateway should be 0.0.0.0 on everything. If not you will most likely have problems.

I forgot to mention the ping. It was Destination host unreachable. Request timed out. As for my configuration is there a way to export that or do I need to type it out? Sorry I'm still learning RL.

I forgot to mention the ping. It was Destination host unreachable. Request timed out. As for my configuration is there a way to export that or do I need to type it out? Sorry I'm still learning RL.

I meant to post your Redlion configuration file but if the destination host is unreachable, you can't see the G3xx display.

As I said, it is a networking problem. Run ipconfig on your PC and write down the settings and post them.

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::298a:fd3:5168:91e9%10
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.20
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter isatap.{1AE779D8-59E6-47B5-9B3B-1B85E9E90BB8}:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::298a:fd3:5168:91e9%10
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.20
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Tunnel adapter isatap.{1AE779D8-59E6-47B5-9B3B-1B85E9E90BB8}:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

OK, Post your CD3 file. Zip it first.

One example I saw used that SRTP setting and another used the MODBUS one so that's why you'll see both on there. When I tried to change the SRTP one to something else it would crash Crimson so I just disabled it and added the second protocol.

Here it is.

Disable IP Routing.

Just for fun, change the IP address on your disabled PLC1 to 130.

Check your cables.

If you can download to the DSPSX over IP, then I can't see any reason why you can't view the webpage.

Neither of those worked and cables look good (They're only a couple feet) also I've been dowloading over USB not IP.