Mitsubishi E-Designer Download Failure

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
Misubishi/Beijer Model E710 type 02540E
E-Designer 7.52 b344

Firmware in Unit updated to E710v610

My projects are failing to download completely. The drivers download fine, but as soon as it gets to Block 0 (screen 0) it eventually times out. If I delete most of the content on Block 0, then it will hang on Block 2 instead and so on.

Since upgrading the firmware in the unit, it wiped the program that was resident on the HMI, so now the machine is dead because it won't accept a full download.

Anybody run into the same and if so how did you fix it?

E700 Download Timeout.jpg

Addendum

Also, to get it to accept a block I delete some contect from the screen. If I delete about half the content it makes it through. It doesn't seem to matter which contect I erase. It seems more to do with "how much" than precisely what the content is.

Solved

Amazingly, this is the first and only device I have yet to see that is incompatible with my trusty USB to serial converter. The E Designer software commincation routine apparently checks the DTR, DSR, or DCD. I suspect that my USB converter does not support the DCD signal. Somewhat aggravating since those pins are all just just jumpered on the PC end anyhow and it is just 2,3,5 on the HMI.

I can no longer brag that my USB/RS232 adapter can talk to everything a real com port can.:cry:

At least the com port on my docking station does the trick. Easier to lug that around than it is laptop #2.

It is now not supported, I know people who have tried to find it but no success.
perhaps someone here may know of a link but it's probably unlikely, you could try Beijers as the E series was a badged version for Mitsubishi until Mitsubishi came out with the GOT series.
As far as the timeouts, that's probably correct, however, I have a ugreen USB/232 & that seems to work reasonably well, have had timeouts but tend to use Ethernet anyway now.

Misubishi/Beijer Model E710 type 02540E
E-Designer 7.52 b344

Firmware in Unit updated to E710v610

My projects are failing to download completely. The drivers download fine, but as soon as it gets to Block 0 (screen 0) it eventually times out. If I delete most of the content on Block 0, then it will hang on Block 2 instead and so on.

Since upgrading the firmware in the unit, it wiped the program that was resident on the HMI, so now the machine is dead because it won't accept a full download.

Anybody run into the same and if so how did you fix it?
Ensure that you delete the Trend and Recipe Data, it may be running out of space.

Yes it could be something like that, I did a system where using the recipe type as a batch detail store, this was done in the PLC for example at the end of batch it would write the batch details into a directory called batches, this was different directory to the recipes, I did realise that eventually it would run out of memory if these batches were not moved off the HMI, this was done routinely with the application provided by Beijers called HMI tools, however, was looking into trying to automatically as the filenames were based on date & batch code, never had chance to get back to it before product development decided to add a rook of new recipes but did not delete some of the redundant ones, it ran out of memory when some new batches were written but instead of putting an error message on the screen that there was no space it seemed to overwrite the HMI application, a delete & download cured the problem.