Omron Communications Cable

SouthPahw

I need to get a Cable to connect to:
● OMRON SYSMAC C20 C20-CPU73E 3G2C7-CPU73E
which I have the 3G2C7-LK201-EV1 Omron PLC Host Link Unit C20-LK201-EV1
and a
OMRON SYSMAC C200H CPU01 C200H-ME831 Memory Unit EER-ROM 16kb
which I have an extra slot, so I am going to purchase the C200H-LK201 host link unit.
● I am using Syswin Software.

Mark at PLCtrainer thinks either of these may work for both, but suggested I put it out there:
“I think you can use the C200HS-CN220-EU with the host link
or you can use USB-CIF02 this is a 20 pin to USB”

I have searched the site and viewed many references, but nothing seems absolute;
Also have found the PDF to build the cable, which I am unable to do at this time and test.
Here are few from the archives just for quoting
January 1st, 2010
"You must use a Host Link (C200H-LK201 or 3G2A6-LK201) with C500-CN221-EU cable."
January 19th, 2006 by BobB
"I have used the Omron USB/232 converter successfully with GE 90-30, Hitachi E series, Mitsubishi A series, Schneider Zelio, Schneider Twido, Omron ZEN, Omron CJ1, Omron CS1, Omron CPM1A, Omron CQM1, Omron C200H with LK201E Host Link, Omron C200 Alpha, Omron CPM2A, AB SLC500, Omron NT600 screens, Omrom NS series screens, Modscan software into a Cummins LON/Modbus converter, various other Modbus RTU devices, Omron Device Net loop and quite a few others."

● Main Point/Question: Will Mark’s cables work, does anyone know for sure?
--C200HS-CN220-EU with the host link or USB-CIF02 this is a 20 pin to USB--
Or does anyone know other options?
Thanks

Last edited:
you should get away with a db9-db25 adaptor
The original connection was a DB9 rs232 to the DB25
Not certain about your 20 pin connector

The next series was Omron's CF01
it was the DB9 to DB9 RS232

Bluebyu has posted the proper pin out.

The USB-CIF02 will NOT work. The C200H-CPU01 does have a peripheral port connector, but it is only to be used with a handheld programmer C200H-PRO27. Using the cable may damage the plc.

The C20 unit has the 40 pin connector on the front. This connector accepts the 3G2C7 Host Link or a PRO15 handheld.

The C200HS-CN220-EU is to connect a computer 9 pin to an Omron 9 pin. C200HS-CN229-EU is computer 25 pin (XT) to Omron 9 pin.

To connect to either of the Host Link units you basically need a null modem cable. The USB converter BobB is referring to is the Omron CS1W-CIF31. This is a USB to DB9 serial converter.

I have successfully used PLCTrainer's USB to serial (DB9) converter to connect with Omron products with a Dell laptop.

Hope this will help.

the c200h has an Omron programming port it requires the old Host link Module OMRON CIF01 this converts from a DB9 Rs232 to the Omron Programming port
The newer PLC's this port was changed - to a smaller port (CIF02)
the current new units are USB direct.

Do you want me to make a C500-CN221-EU ? I can make a USB or serial version... I do not have the host link to test but should be fine, just need to know if its a 25 pin male (not sure if I have any females)

Omron-Connected, Sort Of

Okay, I managed to patch a cable together, thanks for everyones help. With Syswin, I have succesfully uploaded two different programs from C20 units and the Host Link.

● OMRON C200H CPU01 C200H-ME831 Memory Unit EER-ROM 16kb
Using C200H-LK201 host link unit.
I can get on-line and connected; But I can not upload program.
I have gone thru manuals and tried every C200 option in Syswin.
It will start upload; then get a message:
"Command Not supported in Current PLC
You may have the wrong PLC Type"

As I said, I tried all the C200 options.
I can Change the PLC Modes with no problem.
The only thing I even found close in manual was really applicable to downloading programs, but It said some C200H's had to have the I/O configured.
So I set up the off-line program with the current PLC I/O and C200H in project setup. Same issue.
Any suggestions? What am I missing?
Thanks.