Alarm sending by SMS

Plc_User

Hey,

We need a system that sends sms messages to a mobile phone. The system must be connected to an analog telephone line.
Has somebody experience with this kind of product?

Thanks.

I've never used one for this application (i normally use a GSM based modem), but i believe the EM 241 Modem module should do what you require. There are built in wizarda within microwin to help configure, and it connects to an analogue telephone line.

I'm sure there are several alternatives as well, but this maybe a starting point...

Hope this helps (y)

Hallo!

You can use the ZELIO from Telemecanique. This system can be extended with a communication module which can be connected to an analogue as well as to a GSM modem.

If you are looking for a distributor in Belgium, www.cebeo.be is a good choice! They got skilled people for automation products

good luck

Leonardo

Plc_User said:
Hey,

We need a system that sends sms messages to a mobile phone. The system must be connected to an analog telephone line.
Has somebody experience with this kind of product?

Thanks.

You will need to make sure that your Mobile provider has "land-line access" to it's sms. In Australia I know that Telstra was (at least back when I was working on a SCADA system to send Alarm message via SMS) the only one that had a "line-line" access to it's mobile network. Maybe it is different in Europe but it would be a good idea to check first. We found a suitable product on the 'net. Sorry I can't remember what it was called but I am pretty certain it was a German package. Basically it monitored a particular folder and whenever a text-file apperaed it would use data in that file to send an sms message.

Werma has a nice stand alone unit that receives digital inputs and Can dial up to 3 numbers and send up to 3 alarms messages.