Migrating FTV ME Alarms into SE

tsalheiser

We are upgrading our FTV ME v8.1 program to SE v12. Is there any way to migrate the alarm tags (about 600ish) from ME to SE. The import / export feature keeps throwing me errors. I assume it is a compatibility issue. Many thanks for your help.

The ME > SE alarm structure is completely different.

My advice would be, open your SE project, create 3-4 alarms manually, and export to excel. That will give you the format.

Then export your ME alarms to excel, and manually copy/paste/manipulate them into the required structure to be able to re-import them into the SE project.

The biggest catch is that in SE, it's not just a case of "this alarm has these parameters and this message". You have a list of alarms, and a list of messages. Then you have to match the alarms to the messages by number. It's unnecessarily complicated, IMO, but not insurmountable - once you have a working example (your exported SE file with a few alarms in it) you should be able to see what I mean and work it through.