Standard SD cards or Industrial

sjatx72

Hello everyone,

Is it necessary to use industrial grade SD cards for the Allen Bradley 5570 controller and the 820 micro controller or will a standard SD card work well enough? Most of these are not in harsh environments.

Thanks!

and the 820 micro controller or will a standard SD card work well enough?

Not sure on the 5570's but they have to be the industrial on the 820's, we sell an aftermarket version

https://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-bradley-2080-sd-2gb-micro820-sd-memory-card-2gb/

I tried searching but I posted the details of the card on PLCTalk but cant find them now, they need to match or they just will not work, try searching for the manual from AB as they are in the manual also

From Rockwell -

Micro820 controllers support Class 6 and 10 SDSC and SDHC microSD cards with FAT32/16 formats. Maximum size is 32 GB. The microSD file system supports only one file partition.

Industrial grade cards such as Swissbit S-200u/S300u are recommended.

Note: Class 4 cards are not supported.