Rockwell - using AOI instance tags as parameters

plazgut

Hey!
I couldn't find any answer for my question anywhere, so maybe You can help me. Most of the time I was working with Siemens.
I created an AOI and then created a tag instance of that AOI. When calling my AOI it requires to select an instance, which point to the tags that will be used. My question is: can I use AOI instance tags to put them directly in a call of this AOI? They are selected as "required" of course.

Form Memory, yes you can. You can also use Alais Tags and pass in UDTs. But always pass data into the AOI don't try and access GLOBAL tags from within the AOI always pass the data in / out

Can you explain what you want a bit better?

Do you mean that the AOI is always called, but the instance in that instruction is different?

I will have multiple AOI calls with different instances, but I would like to assign in/out parameters like so. It will be just easier for me to implement changes in the future since using ST language is a must.

Form Memory, yes you can. You can also use Alais Tags and pass in UDTs. But always pass data into the AOI don't try and access GLOBAL tags from within the AOI always pass the data in / out

Great, I wasn't sure if "re-using" tags (because the instance is already used with call of AOI) like this will make any difference.