FactoryTalkME reset push button help

sincerelyari

Hello all,

I'm currently working on a project where I need to have a reset in place on my HMI (PanelView Plus 1500 for reference) to put my faults and footage of the wire back to 0. There is a tag correlated to my device that does this itself when it receives a 1, which is a BOOL tag; however, my values (faults and lengths [iINT tags]) are still counting. I tried using macros and global connections, but at this point I think I'm confusing myself. Help please

Last edited:
I created a momentary pushbutton on my display and was importing my tags from the PLC program. I am reading values properly. I just can't get those values to reset. I used the corresponding tag that should reset them (attached in photo) which should do so when it reads a 1. The goal is to set all of those values to a 0 to start the readings over.

ezgif-3-1c93196c67.png

Ok, so we see the button and the tag associated with it. What about the logic in your PLC to reset your values? The button should be used to trigger reset logic in the PLC rather than trying to have the HMI reset those values. No global connections or macros would be necessary. If you have that reset logic, maybe if you could post that we could see something.

Maybe the reset button isn't holding a "1" long enough for your PLC program to get that data and execute the code. Consider changing the "Hold time" setting on the General tab. Try setting it for 1 or 2 seconds to see if that makes a difference.

If you absolutely must reset the values from the button in the HMI, then you would need to use a Macro button object rather than a Momentary button. Then create a macro with each tag and the value it should be set to. But I would not recommend this method as it could make troubleshooting the PLC program more difficult.

OG

Last edited:
I don't see an image, but you might have better results if the HMI button is used to set the reset bit. In the PLC program when the reset bit is on, clear the counters and anything else you want to do then unlatch the reset bit. That's an often preferred method for HMI buttons where it's applicable.

The image is no longer displayed, but it was there at one point. It just showed a momentary button titled Reset, and it showed a tag assigned to it. That's it. Nothing about the logic or if there even was logic. It sounded to me like they tried using the button to trigger the PV to perform the reset (mentioned trying macros and global connections) instead of using the button to trigger the PLC to perform the reset.

OG