FTView SE Parameter file tagging

LSPort

I am looking for some help in directly tagging parameter files on FT View SE.
I have experience of directly tagging parameter files when using ME, but I would appear to be failing with SE

To try and explain I created a parameter test screen on my working SE System, the display at runtime is image " ft view se parameter tags "

As you can see I have 5 multistate indicators.
The top 1-4 have their connection parameters defined from the parameter file list as in image " fr view se parameter file "
Using #2,#3,#5& #6

The multistate indicators in error are connected as per image " ft view se properties."

However the function multistate with label dt ( direct tag ) has it’s controller shortcut pointed directly at B3:0.8 in the same slc controller

I have tried various formats of {::[r]B3:0.8} & [r]B3:0.8 in my zParameterTest file.
I also have used the /P zParamterTest in the button actions selection for calling the graphics.

Does it mean I have to create HMI Tags in the HMI Tag Server and then address these tags in parameter files?
I have several screens it was planning to convert from ME to SE and that would be a massive inconvenience.
Hoping someone can help and this makes sense.

fr view se parameter file.PNG ft view se paramater tags.PNG ft view se properties.PNG

The diagnostic list will give more details on the error. Can you post an image of what you are seeing in that window?

And are you using the test display feature, or have you created a client and run this in the client? In earlier versions of SE, the tag substitution does not occur in the Test Display tool. You had to run the client to test parameters.

In more recent versions it does allow you to select the tag or value to be plugged into the placeholders when testing the display.

I'm noticing too that the #2 tag in the parameter file may not be addressed correctly. B3:0.8 might have to be B3:0/8. I can't say for certain that it will take it the way you have it, maybe it is OK, but to me it looks invalid. And 2,3,5,6 are all addressed to bits. I would have expected them to be addressed to words. Unless they are just two state devices.

EDIT: Ok, I tested the B3 address, and it does work as is.

OG

Last edited:
Operaghost,
thanks for taking time to reply.

I have found my issue, my ME Tag in parameter file needed to be amended to take account of the Data_Area in SE.
So my revised Tags for the parameter file needed amending to
SE Valid
#2={/Data_Area::[SLC]B3:0/8}
ME original
#2={::[SLC]B3:0.8}

I don't know if the whole / or . makes a difference, but in the end copied shortcut lifted directly from online tag browser in parameter list and modified the text.

everything now functions.

:)