SLC 5/05 pass through to DH485

Jezz

I'm trying to set the pass through up on a SLC 5/05 that is connected to a net work of SLC 5/03's via DH485 .Now I've got the Routing table set (I think) I've assigned IP address to the used node address in the routing table but still all I see is the 5/05 .The DH485 network is fine and I've even checked the cable from the 5/05 to the DH485 and I can see the network there.

Is it because I've got gaps in the routing table I.e node 13 is not used so I've left it in

Current mappings

0: Local 5/05
1: 0.0.0.0
2: 10.0.0.55
3: 10.0.0.56
ect
13: 0.0.0.0
ect

Try putting it in the routing table of the 5/05. (the computer's IP addy your trying to get through to the DH-485 network) And, having the spare 0.0.0.0 addresses shouldn't matter.

Greg

After you've done the above, verify your project and the file will be created, then expand the channel config icon, and you will see a page icon for the routing table, click on that and then enter your data.

route3.jpg

I've done all that it's the IP addresses in the routing table I'm questioning ..............

GregPLC is on the right track.

If you are only trying to "drill down" from Ethernet to DH485, the only IP address that needs to be in the Routing Table is the IP address of the computer that is doing the browsing.

The reason you would put other IP addresses in that routing table is if you are sending messages across this network bridge between controllers, or if you are browsing from more than one computer.

Here is an RA Knowledgbase document that explains the configuration pretty well:

Knowbase A4151

Yes, we have many networks where we do this in our plant. The computer in my office communicates via ethernet to a particular 5/05, then if I want to look at say a PanelView on the DH-485 subnet of that processor, my desktop's IP address must be in the routing table of the 5/05. Other than that, you should be good to go. Let us know how it works out.

Greg

Thank I'll try that as soon as production let me near the plant again.My life would be so much easier if they weren't here :D .

All working now thanks to Greg Ken M and Ken R . :D

Now to compleat the other DH485 and Pass through then I can sit in my work shop and see all...