trouble with 1769-SDN devicenet scanner - lost Omron NE1A node

bboytaktix

Hello forum members,

We are having a frustrating issue (yet again with my favorite network - Devicenet). We have an ABB robot that works with an Omron NE1A-SCPU01 security PLC, communicating via Devicenet through an Allen-Bradley CompactBus 1769-SDN devicenet scanner. Earlier this morning we had problems with the AB devicenet scanner where we lost it from RSNetworx, but it was a known firmware problem with the Logix 32E controller, and so that was fixed and we can now see the Devicenet scanner through RSNetworx. However, the scanner still has an E78 error for Node 30, which is our Omron NE1A-SCPU01 controller. We checked the wiring (swapped that cable with the Omron unit beside it) and it is not the wiring, because even with the swap, the node 30 still had error and node 31 (the other Omron I/O module) was picked up by the scanner despite the cable arm swap.

The strange thing is that the Omron safety controller is giving us a 'P1-30' error (network error) as well as the Devicenet scanner E78 -node 30 error. As if the Omron can't find Node 30 (but the Omron IS node 30!)

The system has been working for years, a decade even, until this all happened. Wondering why the AB devicenet scanner cannot see the Omron node, despite it being plugged into the network. Very frustrating, we are three experienced Automation engineers woring on this today!

Thank you for any insight!

Evan

Just an update (a very quick one at that) it seems like the Omron NE1A security module is having trouble with its DeviceNet port. We have another Ne1A module from another section of our plant that we swapped in and we are now capable of seeing the node. Hopefully this will help someone in the future!

thanks anyways!