TIA Portal: change tag value

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I've got what I'm sure is a simple question about TIA portal, but my AB brain just can't work it out.

I'm online with an S7-1200 using TIA portal v11. I have a couple of REAL tags (members of a data block) whose values I want to manually manipulate in TIA portal. Nothing is currently writing to them - they're settings, which can be changed from a HMI, but otherwise remain the same. In AB world, it's as easy as "monitor tag" and typing in a new value - or even just typing the new value into it in the ladder editor.

In TIA portal? Can't for the life of me find a way to do it. I can monitor the data block, but I can't see a way to change it. I can add the tags to a force table, but I can't force them. I can see the values in the ladder editor, but I can't find an option to change them. Can anyone put me out of my misery?

Ah, watch tables...didn't think of that! I've left site now but will give it a shot in the morning. Thanks!

And when it is used, while watching ladder online, you can right click and "modify value"...