1756-RM2 Redundancy DISQ

midocecina

Hi , i have problem to configure redundancy of two plc , i have set into both plc the redundancy function and now i have PLC 1 with PRIMARY and the PLC 2 with DISQ message , in the rslink app i got fault that eth/ip module is incompatible with following error :

Incompatible : class 1 connections detected in partners not configured for ip address switching . the partners must be configured for IP swapping to support class 1 connections.

I would recommend that you follow the Redundancy manual exactly because based on your description, you did not.
1756-UM015 for 5580 controllers or 1756-UM535 for 5570 controllers.

First, to control I/O (Class 1 connection mentioned) you must set both Ethernet modules to the same IP address. One will pick up IP+1 automatically.
Second, all firmware revisions for ALL modules in the redundancy chassis MUST be form the redundancy bundle, you can't use a random versions.
Then you do not load program to the secondary chassis. Code will be automatically crossloaded.
Lastly, for I/O and consumed tags you must use multicast I/O. Unicast is not supported with Redundancy.