Analog Into Allen Bradley

PLC Pie Guy

Hey Folks.
I know its the same old struggle, but I need to get Analog Inputs into an AB system without any Analog Input Cards.
Initially I wanted to add a couple Micro820's to the Network and do a message read from the Compact to pull out the 4 analog values I need from each Micro820.

I did manage to find the Micro820's available at the PLC Cables store, however, the 4 channel Analog Input Modules are out of stock. Story of my life....

I do have access to some Wago C100 controllers and analog I/O with couplers, Maybe.... Waiting to hear back on it. My question is, can a Compact Logix Message Read from a C100? Rockwell from Codesys?

Has anybody done this yet?

Thanks

What's keeping you from using 1734-AENT and POINT I/O ?

Ideally I would of, this is always my first choice. However, the time frame of getting the unobtanium Analog cards is many weeks past how quickly the customer wants his values on his HMI. Yesterday if possible, as always...

Also, I was drawn to the Micro820, as it would take away the need to download to the process PLC. The times available to do a download are few and far between. Adding the Micro820 and doing a message read from the CompacLogix as an online edit, rather than a download was my plan. Quick and easy.

I'm thinking now to use the CLICK PLC. It is available and Ill have them in a few days. A little more work to create and install the EDS file from the CLICK in the CLX, I will have to find time to do a download somewhere is the worst part. Usually this is at a terrible time during the night that ends up screwing me up for 2 days.

I do thank all for the suggestions.

I am curious though if anybody has done a WagoC100 to CompactLogix. I'm interested in trying the C100 out, but it would have to work with everything else I have out there already.
I have over 20 years in mostly AB and some in Siemens, but have yet to take the time to learn anything Codesys.

The C100's seem to be readily available and close to me. Its really the only compact PLC I could find anywhere from my local distributors. They are all flush on inventory and the internet is the only place ATM to get this stuff.

I did manage to find the Micro820's available at the PLC Cables store, however, the 4 channel Analog Input Modules are out of stock. Story of my life....

Next time call or email me, I normally have stock that I keep for myself so I can just add one if you need it, I should always have plenty of IF2's so you may need to go that route, I also have 1734's if you decide to go that way but the 800 should be a cheaper option

Next time call or email me, I normally have stock that I keep for myself so I can just add one if you need it, I should always have plenty of IF2's so you may need to go that route, I also have 1734's if you decide to go that way but the 800 should be a cheaper option

Understood.
Ill email you directly next time.

I did send an email to the support email but was directed to proceed through the site and shopping cart for a quote. It said there were was none available when I tried to order more than the 1 of the IF-2, the IF-4 was out of stock.

Hopefully this mess gets straightened out soon. I'm running out of projects to scab together without parts. My personal stock has been depleted to only one CompactLogixL32 and one Micro820 on my test bench. which I'm not willing to part with. Iv sold all the rest of my parts already. I'm seriously wondering how to make it work sometimes as its just the same story with everything I go for from PLCs to breakers. Projects are getting canceled left and right, sometimes before the quotes even get submitted. Its tiring man.

It just doesn't make sense. I knw there was COVID and parts shortages, but how is the how world just stopping for no reason at all. That was 2 years ago now.

I used to be able to go to the local Supplier and grab these parts off the shelf any day of the week. Now, they don't even have these parts in the system anymore.

The project I looked at yesterday for a customer is a really nice one, a big one. I want it to happen. They specify all Siemens gear. No problem for me, however, best case scenario on the required equipment is In March or April, and that isn't a guaranteed hard date, its the hopeful date. No wonder projects are getting canceled. I cant even give a quote in confidence that I can deliver the equipment on time. So I may not quote it at all. I don't know what to do with it.....

Its depressing as I started my panel shop with the hopes of making a small company out of it. With all this mess, it seems like it may have been a huge waste of time and money. There is way to much time spent juggling parts, missing parts, waiting for parts, then planning something only to have parts that were promised get canceled.
If something doesn't soon change.. I don't even know. Might be time to go back to school to learn something that doesn't require parts to continue work everyday..... It just gets depressing after a while.

I did send an email to the support email ....

LOL always say who you are, people that are my regular customers will get special treatment :D

I do think things will get better starting 1st quarter of next year

I just hope this is not the 'new normal' and everyone will get use to not getting parts

I did just check and I have both 2080-IF4 and 2085-IF4 in stock if you still need them, since we sell PLC trainers I keep a separate stock for them or incase I need something for another project I will hold stock back

I just got an email from Automation Direct about a backorder that was going to ship this month when I placed the order then got bumped and then got bumped again now its January

back.png

LOL always say who you are, people that are my regular customers will get special treatment :D

I just hope this is not the 'new normal' and everyone will get use to not getting parts

I did just check and I have both 2080-IF4 and 2085-IF4 in stock if you still need them, since we sell PLC trainers I keep a separate stock for them or incase I need something for another project I will hold stock back

I just got an email from Automation Direct about a backorder that was going to ship this month when I placed the order then got bumped and then got bumped again now its January

Thank you.
Good to know.

Do you still have any 2080-IF4?

Raspberry Pi 4 B and Node Red, then just a few lines of Python code and you can pull are the tags values you need from the Micro820.

From there you can publish the tags with Mqtt or setup a Modbus Server or by using
Opc-Ua what ever you like.

Simple and only about a cost of $150.00 (The Pi)

What's keeping you from using 1734-AENT and POINT I/O ?

Ideally I would of, this is always my first choice. However, the time frame of getting the unobtanium Analog cards is many weeks past how quickly the customer wants his values on his HMI. Yesterday if possible, as always...

This may have changed but the 1734 cards (IE4C and IE8C) came in really quickly for me. The bases however took about 7 months.