Logging 5 Points to CSV - S7-400

mad4x4

Have a requirement to log 3 to 5 data points (Real) from a Siemens S7-400 at 5hz for about 12hrs. so about 200ms ( faster if possible). The files or DB can be split and can be downloaded from the network or machine after 12 hours, so no need to "stream" the data.

What I do have is a Wonderware Historian only capable of logging at 1hz. I also have a SCADA server ( Wonderware 2017) and a connection between the PLC and the SCADA ( OI Server) on ethernet. I have code access to the PLC and a Siemens PG laptop.

I don't have cloud access, and this is on an air-gapped network. I need some easy, quick tools to log these points to CSV or similar quickly with minimal work for diagnostics. We only have 1 ethernet connection to the PLC through a scale switch and an older CP comms card. (I have remote access and a tech offshore to help me)

Everything is offshore, so don't have time to ship Hardware over easily to the offshore site, so can't use a red lion data station (or similar). What ever I do I need to be able to set up remotely.

Have the PLC cache each data point into a 5-element array at 5Hz, then log the array at 1Hz.

It does not have to be an array, it could be five tags per data point.

Brute force, but it may do the job.