Help Finding Latest Hardware Series - Rockwell

id10t_error

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Where can I find the latest hardware series information on Rockwell's Literature library? Specifically a 1756-85E. I want to know the newest series letter and what technical document type contains this information. I've looked through a couple of dozen manuals without luck.

Thanks!

You can get some information from ProposalWorks (free download from Rockwell IIRC).
It lists the 1756-L85E as: 5580 controller, 40MB User Memory, USB Port, 1 gigabit Ethernet port, 300 Ethernet/IP Devices, 4 character Alpha/Numeric Display.

The 1756-L85EP is the same, but with a 5580E Process controller.

The current document detailing out the ControlLogix controllers is here.

I went to the downloads section and chose "downloads by product" and typed the catalog number into the search box. Chose the processor and the latest version of software and clicked the "Downloads" button to see what files are available. That led to the release notes which said series B. I'm not aware of a list of latest series releases for individual components.

Thanks for the help in finding that location! Good to know! Do you think this is legit? 1756-L85E for $1,200 https://www.ebay.com/itm/394215592144

Ummm....the listing says $17,566. List price is $25,646, so the price isn't outlandish. But...item is located in China and the title claims a warranty...which would NOT come from Rockwell since you're not going through their distributor. I might consider it if my system was down and I had no other option, but would be VERY cautious.