VNC parameters on PanelView Plus 7 Performance

Seb94

Hello,

I have received a PanelView Plus 7 Performance (2711P-T12W22D9P series B) as a replacement for a standard PVP 7.

So far I've managed to install the v12 firmware, set its IP, and load the HMI applications.
Now I want to set up the VNC server in order to enable remote access. However I can't find any proper VNC server menu o_O
The only thing I found is an "enable VNC" button that doesn't achieve anything, as the server itself might not be configured.

On Windows CE it was easy, I simply had to open the control panel and go to services.
However this PVP's OS is Windows 10 IoT and it feels like Allen-Bradley's version of this OS has been stripped of most config menus. There is no start menu and I can't find the control panel.

Does anybody know how to circumvent this issue? Perhaps the control panel can be opened despite the bare bone OS

Unfortunately the OS is not the same anymore as the one shown on the automation blog.

Btw my local AB supplier gave me an answer:
Due to components shortages, AB has split the PVP into two series : A and B.
Series A are your regular PVP.
Series B are stripped of some functions, such as the VNC.

So basically this PVP physically doesn't have the required components for running VNC. I am still searching for an alternative but don't have much hope left.

Viewpoint is terrible. About other things it doesn't support is alarm history.

As I understand it, you also can't sideload a VNC server.

Plain and simple, Rockwell launched series B before it was ready.

Viewpoint and VNC are not available on the series B panelviews. We we're told yesterday, it will be about 6 months before the firmware update comes out to add those features back in

Viewpoint and VNC are not available on the series B panelviews. We we're told yesterday, it will be about 6 months before the firmware update comes out to add those features back in

This is embarrassing!

Thanks everyone for the quick answers.

Viewpoint does work, but it's terrible. Need to enable in the PV OS. and then publish your screens from Factory talk. One think I missed was the /FTVP after the IP address. Also out of the box you can't ping the HMI, you won't get a response. This also needs to be enabled. Get it together AB...

fntaztc;920703 Also out of the box you can't ping the HMI said:
This is no accident. They consider this a security feature not to respond to pings like any typical firewall or other such devices would behave out of the box.

It can be enabled but the user must make that choice and accept the responsibilities from a security perspective.

This is no accident. They consider this a security feature not to respond to pings like any typical firewall or other such devices would behave out of the box.

It can be enabled but the user must make that choice and accept the responsibilities from a security perspective.

They may consider it a security feature, I'm not sure I buy it. If an attacker has the ability to get to the network, the fact that it doesn't respond to a ping is a non issue. Besides, every other device that is not a PanelView will respond to a ping.

If security is really of concern, don't respond to ListIdentity. One packet discovers every Ethernet I/P device on the network. With more details than a ping. Not responding to a ping is just annoying.

The first thing that everyone asks when you are trying to make one thing talk to another is to ping it, now you have the one case where you have to say "well except for series B PanelView, it might be turned off."