panelview 5310 security

jimcav

I am using a panelview 5310 with a compact logix 5069-l306er. Studio 5000. when ever a security code is entered i would like to know that security is active even if its just a bit that is true.

Thanks

You could use login and logout macros assigned to every user. When any user logs in run a macro that sets a bit in the PLC, and when any user logs out run a macro that clears the same bit.

Of course you can get more complex if you wanted, but if your only objective is "is somebody logged in or not", then that will do the trick.

Edit: just saw you're using the Panelview 5000 series, which I've not used, so my advice may not be applicable. Do the PV5000's have login/logout macros?

I'm doing this on basically the same setup. On the banner screen which is active for all screens I created a text and used a one second clock on/off bit in the PLC for my Expression in the animation tab. In the events I made a State Enter event for State #1 and wrote to a PLC String and made it = to Local:HMIDevice.Security.CurrentUserRole . From there it was easy to write the PLC Code. I believe it only updates on the rising edge of the state which is why I used a 1 second clock. Of course for the text you can simply uncheck the visible box so it doesn't show on the screen.

BTW I can't take credit for finding this workaround. I found it awhile back, but don't remember if I found it here or in some RA tech document.