PLC Training

Hello all,
I am starting to consider a change in work and am looking for suggestions on training. I have designed and programed 3 units that I've used at companies i have worked for. This has all been self taught using AD productivity and IDEC. I have downloaded Twincat, CCW, and Ignition but do not have a way to learn Allen Bradly or Seimens. I was thinking about taking a program at the local university but am worried about it being repetitive as I have a good understanding of the basics. In my youth I learned basic, quick C, and C++ so I am picking up the basics well. Any suggestions?

Welcome!
For Allen Bradley, the first thing I would suggest is to search YouTube for the Ron Beaufort videos. Watch them all, in order, and you'll have a good understanding of how an AB processor does it's thing.

As for going to classes, you can try to find a decent programming class at a local tech school, but I have yet to see one that will give more that the bare bones basics. If you're willing to invest the time and money, the instructor led Rockwell courses are good. But, like all things Rockwell, you will pay a pretty penny for them.

Bubba.

Willxfmr - Thank you I have started watching them. Quite insightful, way different then I had learned on my own. (y).

James - Thank you I will look for that.

Hello all,
I am starting to consider a change in work and am looking for suggestions on training. I have designed and programed 3 units that I've used at companies i have worked for. This has all been self taught using AD productivity and IDEC. I have downloaded Twincat, CCW, and Ignition but do not have a way to learn Allen Bradly or Seimens. I was thinking about taking a program at the local university but am worried about it being repetitive as I have a good understanding of the basics. In my youth I learned basic, quick C, and C++ so I am picking up the basics well. Any suggestions?

I teach the PLC Boot Camp classes using Ron's format and Equipment.

www.keyautomationtraining.com

Thank you dmroeder for the link I will download that and use it to get started.

Phil Buchanan - thank you that look like exactly what I need. I look forward to the class.