Omron C60k help

Understanding your printout

Shawn:
Everything to the right of the RH power rail is a cross-reference, telling you where else in the program that address is being used. You do not enter those into the ladder nor the console; they are generated by the software report upon request.

That first rung would be entered (I am 90% sure) as LD 5 ORNOT 15 LD T6 OR C20 KEEP H6. It may be

If an instruction touches the LH power rail, it will be a LD or a LDNOT. Enter all input branches before the output instruction. There may be some TR (temporary register) instructions where branches meet - I don't recall.

If you understand ladder logic but not mnemonic, the easiest way to do this without the interface, would be to type it all in to SYSWIN or CX-Programmer, then View As Mnemonic, then type those into the PRO15.

Last edited:
So the PDF I uploaded is an exact printout of the program needed?

I am certain that no one on this forum can answer that question about your process, but it is a possibility.

That is certainly providential about the I/O.

The manuals posted by @gtsuport mention a cassette tape. Have you looked for one, perhaps near where you found the paper copy of the program? Now that would be extremely providential.

I dunno about the notations to the right of the ladder; maybe they are real-time running state, and/or not otherwise critical to coding the program. So follow @gtsuport's lead from that first rung and do the rest, and see what happens. Remember that your Rosetta Stone is the paper copy, so you want to duplicate that somehow.

Oh yeah, since the replacement unit is used, don't forget that the battery may be of similar age, and with a similar flaw, to the one that exploded. I am not saying don't proceed, rather use this incident to ensure management do not remain atheists in foxholes and instead budget to upgrade the PLC soon.

There is nothing new under the sun: the mnemonic language appears to be a form of Reverse Polish Notation, like an old HP calculator, or the Forth language. Basically you have a stack, and each command, with argument, does one of the following:

• pushes something onto the stack (e.g. LD or LD.NOT);
  • pops one or more things off the stack, perhap process it/them with the argument, and write to something else (e.g. RDM, OUT)
  • pops one or more things off the stack, processes it, and puts a result back on the stack (e.g. AND, OR, AND.NOT, OR.NOT)
Look at the examples in the User's Manual @gtsuport provided where it shows the contents of the R and S registers: R and S are the "stack."

P.S. Table 3.1 in the User's Manual will be important, to say the least; a red flashing light when Special Auxiliary Relay 110 becomes 1 might not be a bad idea ;).

Last edited:
RoTaTech and drbitboy

Very much appreciate the explanation... was driving me crazy trying to figure that out, since there are no old program printouts to look at. All the program tutorials I've seen, never had any references on the outside of the RH power rail.

Thank You!

I have downloaded CX-One, but I thought you could not use as a replacement for Syswin? CX Programmer is much easier to use, but there is no way to convert it to LSS? Correct?

I have Syswin installed on an older XP PC. With only the manual, and being a complete amateur, it's frustrating to say the least. Would much prefer to use CX Programmer.

I've bought a new battery. But there is no cassette tape. Wish there was, we used to back up software on cassette in the 80's.

Thanks,

Shawn
CORE Tech

Last edited:
I've had much needed clarity since everyone has offered help with the mnemonic layout.

Quick question: When I input the code into Syswin, it displays mnemoically:

T006 as TIM006
C020 as CNT020
KEEP H006 as HR00.06

Entire list from first network:

LD...........000.05
OR NOT....000.15
LD...........TIM006
OR..........CNT020
KEEP........HR00.06

Does that look correct?? Sorry for asking, but I really appreciate the help. Think I'm finally getting the hang of it and putting it all together.

Still a bit clunky with this old software, but with the manual it's getting a bit easier.

Oh my Lord this is great.

I instantly saw I was doing a few things wrong... thanks! Saved the day!

The only problem now is the 2nd Timer on the first page, line 12: value #6200. Syswin keeps giving me error:

Operand out of range!
Data number: 2

I can only input values from 1-19 ... anything higher it gives the Out of Range error. So I'm not sure how I can input 6200 for the timing. I was hoping it would work in the PRO15 console.

Which one more question. If I get that special cable, I can hook the Computer straight to the C60k PLC and test from Syswin? So I wouldn't need the PRO15 programmer to hand type all the code?

Sorry for so many questions. I'm a complete amateur like I stated before, and I really really appreciate everyone's help. I actually might be able to get this damn thing fixed lol

Thanks again everyone... the # did the trick... I was just typing 6200.

Entering #6200 works, but it doesn't look like printout from gtsuport's sample.

Mine says:

TIM
6200 bcd

Is that the same thing? Not sure what bcd stands for. Tried to look it up.

Thanks

The 6200 BCD is the present value of the timer.
As the timer times, that will show the current value of the timer.

Omron timers reset to the preset value then time down to zero.

gtsuport

Thanks for all the help.

I have finished inputting the program into Syswin.

But I guess the PRO15 is useless? And to get the program from Syswin to my PLC, I will need:

3G2C7-LK201 Host link unit

Do I need a special cable to connect from Host Link unit to my computer? I have easy access to the PLC. I can actually plug the PRO15 directly into the PLC with no problems.

So do I need a special cable from my PC to Hostlink? And Hostlink to PLC? Or can I plug in the Host link directly to my PLC like the PRO15, and would only need the cable from PC to Hostlink?

Almost done... sorry for so many questions. Everyone has been a huge help to this amateur, and I'm truly thankful.

EDIT:
===========

I found this post:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=64107

And would this be all I need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250838179376

Plug Host link directly to PLC, and use the above cable to connect from PC to Hostlink via USB?

Thanks!

Last edited: