Retirement

Congrats on your retirement daba. Keep an active lifestyle 🍻
Wish to continue read your posts.

Congrats daba! My father is eighty-two and he told me he was working a small job last week. He doesn't need to work. He just can't stay away from the occasional side job. The ability to pick and choose what you want to do and when you want to do it will be a nice luxury.

Enjoy!!

OG

Welcome to the club, daba, and congratulations.

And I'll second Operaghost's father - it is marvelous to do the projects you are excited about, not just the ones that put groceries on the table.

My brother is on a commissioning, "out of country," shall we say. He had retired, but they asked him to go as he had been there before on a similar job. He gave a hard no, but then they threw the hook "We'll pay for your Signif. Other's airfare so you two can have a vacation." They both knew she would want to go, so he was doomed.

Yesterday, they found the connector cut off and discarded from one end of a cable, which had been custom-made back in the USA with some spare length for the job, because the local contractor "doesn't coil extra cable in the panel." Lead time on replacing that connector and/or the expensive crimp tool is 2-6 weeks. And this is on top of the 80%+ failure rate of some other connectors by that same contractor from last week, again with a significant lead time.

So he is onsite, with others from the integrator, and they can't even start the I/O checkout. Good thing they took the vacation first.

My point is that, since he is "retired," he at least does not have to stress about it.