SQO InMicro800

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an air press that I built ages ago, and it has been running forever.
It was originally designed with Rotary Cams and Air actuated buttons.
We changed them out with a SLC150, and when that became obsolete went to Micrologix1000
Motor driven Cams> SLC150 > Micrologix 1000 > Micro800

I know it has been a while now, and Micrologix1000 1761L16AWA Lifecycle Status is Discontinued.

The Micrologix1000 died, and a used replacement unit is $900 bucks.:confused:
I want to replicate the program with Micro820.
According to the MicroLogix1000-Controllers-to-Micro800-Controllers-MigrationGuide, the Sequencer Output instruction SQO is Currently not replicable.
Is there an obvious replacement for SQO?

An SQO was just a counter (increment on false-to-true transition, using a 3-register object (Control) to manage current count and max count instead of a 3-register Counter object to do the same thing), with an Indexed MVM instruction to filter the current position in the source array through the mask (which may or may not also be an array) into the Destination.

You can use indirect addressing of the counter's ACC word as a substitute for the Index.

So it works out to one or two lines of code, something like:

XIC <<existing input conditions >> XIO(Cntr.DN) CNT(Cntr)
MVM(SQO_Array[Cntr.POS], Mask, Dest)

**Caveat Emptor: Untested code, based on ancient memory. There may need to be some additional code needed to get a perfect match to the SQO.

With luck, the original programmer used a RST instruction to reset the SQO -- that will work on the Counter just as well.

Good luck!