FactoryTalk View SE Problems

Abner300wsm

I am new to factoryTalk SE, and i seem to have ran into a wall. o_O
Anyways i am trying to make a few changes to an existing project. ALl i am doing is adding some multistate indicators and some momentary push buttons. I finished adding what i thought it would take to make it work. I loaded the project and none of my changes show up. I do not know what is keeping them from being seen. Any help would be a great help

Did you save the screens? Is this a distributed system. Are the screens cached? Did you refresh the screens on the client by changing the displayed screen and then returning? If it's cached, even when not displayed, it's in memory. You need to close the display in order to show the changes.

Hi Thanks for your help
I did save the screens, and refreshed them once loaded. I am not sure what you mean by distributed system? I also do not know if they are cached. Sorry for my inexperience haha. This system was installed before i started working at my current position. Another thing that i am stumped by is that on the laptop that i created the project on. I am not able to launch the site edition to test my changes. It gives me a failed to load services error.

FTView SE has several functional version. Distributed is where the SE server is on one computer and several clients, usually on a separate computer, connects to the server. SE Station is where the server and client have to exist on the same computer. You need to configure a client to test the application, you can test individual screen with the test run function. What version of SE is this? What OS?

If the displays are cached, it means that the first time the Client (operator screen) needs a certain display, it calls it up from the Server (where you do your editing, and save the edited screens). The client then caches it (i.e. stores a copy locally), so that the next time the operator calls for that screen, it already has it in memory and can load it quickly, without going back to the server. It's generally good practice to do, and is quite probably done in your application.

If you've made changes on the server, but the client has a cached version of the display, it won't go back to the server and get the updated display until you either flush the cache (you can put a button on one of the displays to do this; as the name would suggest it just delets all the local stored copies, forcing the client to go back and ask the server for that display again next time it needs it) or you reboot the client (or at least, the FactoryTalk View SE software running on the client)

Thanks for everyone's help
The version I am using is v6.00 and the operating system is windows xp
I do know that when it first comes up it is set to go to the same screen every time. I will look and see if it is cached and try to Flush it or Reboot.