Cat EMCP 4 fault codes via modbus?

firechicken

Is it possible to see fault codes from the Cat EMCP 4.2 via Modbus? If so, does anyone have some guidance or documentation that might help me figure out what registers fault codes arrive on and any manipulation required? Thanks,

Thanks for the PDF. I had parts of it and really needed that full document to get all the live values. I'm still struggling with the fault codes though. I see some alarms in the document but I think I am still missing a way to see actual fault codes. I know that via J1939 or the CAT ET, we can see codes that translate to things like a shorted sensor for example. Are any of those fault codes available via Modbus? Thanks

It's funny this post came up at all as I had just received the pdf last week from our electrical designer for a job I'm just beginning. I understand what you're asking for now and the fault codes might be a cool thing to have displayed on the SCADA system and logged into history. I'm sure the EMCP has a history within itself but as of now, don't know where it is.

I'm slammed the rest of this week (that's a good thing) but I'll take a quick look in the morning. This could be beneficial for both of us. Not sure what processor you're using but like you, I'll be bringing it in Modbus over TCP/IP as well as the ATS.

I have done a number of CAT interfaces and a few ATS's, The EMCP has RS-485 built in. A simple way to check the registers is with ModSim. It is a free download but you will need a RS-232 to RS-485 adapter. I believe the default baud rate is 19,200.The J1939 is on the CanBus network and is not designed for data monitoring. Not all of the alarms on the J1939 are available on Modbus.