adding Mettler Scale to Siemens Network

D_Man

I'm stuck, I have a Mettler Toledo IND 331 scale with the profibus tool kit added. The CPU is S7-300, the HMI is KTP 600 basic color. The analog card is 6Es7 331-7k02-0ab0. I'm using the profibus cable to connect the components. All the logic is written the scale is programmed using a node which is 2. The HMI is node 1
Issue; I'm able to connect to the HMI how ever I can not find the scale or any file that would help me connect to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you would need the .gsd file for profibus config of the device you want to connect to profibus network, in your case mettler scale.
maybe here you can find what you need...

All the logic is written the scale is programmed using a node which is 2. The HMI is node 1
The S7-300 PLC has a node also.
Possibly set to 2 (by default).
It can be set to something else keep in mind that you may experience issues with the addressing.

I think the last Mettler scale I connected to was address #1, by default. Try changing your CPU Profibus address to 3 and your display to 4. In your hardware configuration you can use 1 for the scale and you can test them using the PG settings. Under the diagnostics tab, you can search the network for attached slaves.

I'm back, thanks for the suggestions. I needed to add the GSD file, once that was downloaded then I was able to locate the scale. After the scale was compiled I needed to change the node from 2 to 3 to give the CPU more room. [Reason; the software would get confused as to what node was for what device]. Seems to work well now that I made that change.

Thanks a lot for your help.
D_Man