Help!!!

What AB software are you talking about? This sounds like a Windows or a hardware issue. Blaming AB sounds unfair. Using an external hard drive for a VM is slow unless its on USB 3.0 or something. I know I use to do this. Now I have a larger hard drive instead. AB is reducing the number of cables that you need with the newer equipment. Usually you use an Ethernet cable, serial cable or with some stuff, a USB cable. AB supports most things far longer than most other companies. It's hard to support software on many different OSes.

James
Your wrong regarding Siemens in west Tn
Siemens keeps stock in South Haven, there's a Siemens Application in Memphis and Nashville
And 2 distributor Application engineers in Memphis

If you don't buy a product from a company
They typically don't call on you

I'm sure it wasn't AB's fault, I just dislike them in general for how diffecult they make it on us Field service personnel...a bag of cables and adapters and all the rigmarole you have go thru just to get on line with their systems, and oh, no backwards compatibility with newer OS's...and I have lost a weeks worth of code writing that I now have to generate in an afternoon...Give me AUTOMATIONDIRECT ANY day, one cable to carry,works with almost any OS, and online in a few seconds...JMO...:site:

automation direct over ab? no thank you. the programming interface is absolutely terrible.

automation direct over ab? no thank you. the programming interface is absolutely terrible.

I have to disagree, I've used both the DLSoft for the DL340 (GE Series One replacements), and the (Free!) Clicks software. Both worked just fine.

As for AB, I recently installed Connected Components Workbench, and now my Logix5000 programs won't go online without manually drilling down to the system/rack/PLC level.

And the download for CCW was 1.6 Gig. Good lord!

Gee thanks Rockwell.

I refuse to do ANY AB work. Give me Siemens. Want help 1-800-333-7421 its FREE on current products. Try it! Good software, connect to anything, EXCELLENT support.