modBus programming

aman101

I want to get signals from the generator who is having a output of a mod bus for communication.

we are using a Schindler twido plc and twido suite software. want to know the tips to make the generator as slave and then getting the signals via mod bus line.

a screen shot of the program with brief description is appreciated.

thanks you in advance

I have pulled Modbus data from a Caterpillar Generator using a Siemens PLC and Modbus 485. I have not use others. Who's generator is it and what medium? Caterpillar, Onan, RS485 RS232 or Ethernet?

it has a RS232 port in the generator PLC, we have installed a RS 232 to RS 485 converter.
from the RS 485 converter we are taking MODBUS( transmit, Receive and ground wires) connected to the Schindler twido PLC.

making the Generator as the slave and taking the values from the Generator PLC which is given by the Address of each output(details like speed of the generator, generator running, malfunction etc)

i want to know how to program in ladder logic using the Schindler PLC on Twidosuite software to collect all the signals from the slave(generator GENMAC)