C7 623 program washed

finskhan

hello everybody,
I have a C7 623siemens .the problem is that the C7-OP program is washed by me.now ia m worry about that.i have the same C7 model with same purpose i am using but i donot know how i will eidt the OP screen and hole program.plz help me about that.I have C7-Cpu program.and want to edit C7-OP program

Hi finskhan.

You need Protool Lite to program the OP part of the C7 623.

Before you use too much time with it, consider that the device is obsolete. Maybe an up-to-date panel and PLC is a better idea.

but i want to backup the other one that i am using to same machine.i want to know how can i backup of that OP program and then restore to that C7 module which program is washed.program of that Op is same.

i have a protool v6.0 and prosave.can i get a backup of C7 623 from Protool V6.0 if yes then please tell me how i can do this?

If you have cleared the OP program (by holding the Down+Right+ESC keys when applying power to the C7), then you cannot upload the program any more. It is gone.
If the OP program is still there, then you should be able to upload it into Prosave. The OP typically has MPI address 1.

I donot want to upload OP program from effected moudle bc i know the program of that module has gone.i want to upload OP program from another one C7-623 module that i am using at plant that is similar to the effected module.I want to upload from one module that is runing well and then download into effected module that OP program is gone.and i hace protool V6.0 i think that is not compatible for C7-623.so kindly tell me how i can upload that program and that program of Op is edited in Protool v3.01.can u help me for that software?

I can see that C7 623 is not available in Prosave. It may be that it is not possible to upload the OP program of the C7 623.

C7 623 is available in the Protool v6 that I have. So you can create a new program from scratch.

Hi JesperMP.
similarly, i also need to upload a configuration data from simatic C7-626 OP via the serial interface, as a backup to the PG. may you please guide me as to how to do it.

The C7-626 is also not possible to upload into Prosave. Only from C7-633 and up is it possible.

You need the original program in order to convert it to something newer.
Or write a completely new program from scratch.

And that means the S7 part also has to be ported to a real S7 CPU.

N.B. This highligts how stupid it is to pack both PLC and HMI together in one unit. If one is defective, the other has to be exchanged as well. If one is obsolete the other is obsolete too. Etc.
I am glad that I never had to work with a C7 device.

Another problem. If you upload a Protool project you can only use that file in an exact unit and it can not be modified as it is a binary file not a Protool or WinCC flexible file.