AB 6182 HMI Firmware

TimeFluxCap

AB 6182 HMI Firmware
Does anyone know if you can and how you upgrade the firmware on one of these?

I believe this was the product before the VesView came out. Its running Windows CE with RSView ME 2.10.00 firmware. All of the new PV+ units on site have 3.2 firmware. I need to bring the firmware up to at least 3.0 as the new version of RSView Studio lets you save the runtime file back as 3.0 3.1 3.2 4.0 if required.

Cant find much info on the knowledge base about these and firmware upgrades.

At the time, Rockwell actually advised not upgrading the RAC6182 from 2.x to 3.0 unless some new feature was definitely required. The reason being the extra memory required and the possibility that your application would no longer fit.

I found out about their recommendation after doing the upgrade:mad:
As I recall, the update was an .exe file that you had to run on the 6182. Easiest method was to copy the file onto a PCMCIA memory card and plug it into the 6182 - it then ran automatically on power-up. I think the file was on a separate CD (not the RSView Studio CD).

Don't attempt to go beyond 3.0 because then you will need to upgrade the Win CE as well. When we pressed Rockwell here for the CE update, their response was to offer two new PV+ for the price of one.