TIA Portal V12 min. screen resolution

wingman01bc

Hi all,

I have an upcoming project where I will need to use TIA Portal V12 for programming some Comfort Panels (normally I use Step 7 V5.5 and WinCC Flexible 2008). My laptop is Lenovo T430 (i5, 3.4GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1600x900 screen, Win 7 64 bit). It meets all the min. requirements in terms of CPU, RAM, and OS but not sure about screen resolution. Depending on where you look on Siemens website, it either recommends or requires 1280x1024.

So my question is this. Can anyone out there confirm that TIA Portal V12 will run on 1600x900 screen resolution?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Pretty certain that my laptop is 1600x900, the screen I am on now is 1920x1080, both work fine. In fact I would say that the bigger the better when it comes to TIA Portal, it isn't the cleanest of interfaces!! Once you figure where all the little arrows are that let you hide stuff you don't need, it does get a bit better.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I realize that 1600x900 is less than optimum for TIA Portal. I've seen it running at 1920x1080 on a PG and it is quite cluttered. I will likely only have to make minor modifications and downloads to these Comfort Panels. Good to know I will be able to use my existing laptop. I was hoping to avoid buying a new laptop just for this project. But I know sooner or later I will have to spec out a new laptop for when I start to use TIA Portal regularly.