Omron cx programmer keep

T Gibbs

Hi, I am just starting with CX Programmer. I normally use RS Logix, Proworx, Directsoft-5, Click, etc. In looking at the available instructions I notice a SET and RESET instruction and a KEEP instruction. I do not see the difference. Can someone enlighten me? I know how SET and RESET work as I use them in Directsoft. The only difference I see is that KEEP is all done in the same network where SET and RESET would be done in separate networks.

Hi, I am just starting with CX Programmer. I normally use RS Logix, Proworx, Directsoft-5, Click, etc. In looking at the available instructions I notice a SET and RESET instruction and a KEEP instruction. I do not see the difference. Can someone enlighten me? I know how SET and RESET work as I use them in Directsoft. The only difference I see is that KEEP is all done in the same network where SET and RESET would be done in separate networks.

The Set and Reset Instructions in Omron do pretty much what they sound like. They Set the Bit to 1 or Reset it to 0. Once the Instruction has executed, the Bit will retain that Value regardless of the state of the Rung. They do not have to be in separate Networks.

The Keep Instruction is more like an Allen Bradley Latch and Unlatch Instruction, but combined into a single Instruction.

See the Instruction Help in CXProgrammer, or the Instruction Reference for you CPU.

Stu....

just to make it more complex you can address a keep relay and set/reset with the same designation.
Omron Help shows the Keep example for operating a toggle button (flipFlop)
so it can be done easily on the one network