Powerflex 40P parameter compare?

Michaelfm95

Is there a way in rsnetworx or connected components to compare 2 powerflex parameter sets? TIA

P.S this is also my first post here so hello everyone! :site:

I don't think you can do it with rsnetworks, unsure with CCW, but I know you can do it with DriveExecutive, which is an older AB drive software

Welcome to the forum.

the pf 40 only has about 100 parameters.
rather than chase down the software, i would create a spreadsheet and write down the parameters from 1 unit and compare them to the 2nd unit.
james

I would use a HIM with the DSI port to harvest the settings. Barring that I'm pretty sure it can be done in CCW, you need to go through the 22-comm-* card.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

The PowerFlex 40P is a little more complex than the ordinary PowerFlex 40 drives, because of the Positioner feature, so it has a little more than 300 parameters.

In CCW, there is a button to "Show Non Defaults", which reduces the number of parameters you'll have to write down manually.

On the same parameter screen, there are buttons for "Print" and "Export to CSV" functions, which will let you use any decent text editor to compare the files from different drives.

You will need CCW, of course, and a way to connect to the drive. The Ethernet option module is probably the easiest, but you can also use DeviceNet or ControlNet or a DSI/USB interface if those are appropriate to your installation.