Tia Portal How to retain values that are moved

thewalkerist

Hello everyone,

I am currently having a problem retaining values that i changed. Lets say today i ran my programme and i put my max motor speed to 100. Now this is good. As long as PLC doesnt close, this 100 value stays with me. But if i close the plc and open it again now that 100 became 0 again. And not only that everything resets which is not bizarre to be honest.

As you can see this is a problem though. Because lets say in the future i have more variables that needs to be retained(i will probably need to if i continue with my project :D). I will need to re-write my values everytime. Now i am looking for a way to save that 100 motor speed value so that after my plc closes and re-opens i dont have to change it again.

I thought of just changing my Max_Speed global memory bit with just 100 and move it immediately after the plc starts but if i do i have to change that value from the tia portal when i need to which is not ideal. Now i need to save that value but also be able to change it.

So lets say i use it for a month with 100=Max_Speed but after that month i want it to be 75. And after i change it it will always open as 75 whenever i open the plc instead of the usual 0

Screenshot (827).png

Either you can use a data block instead of marker memory... Or use marker memory but it should be within the retentive range which is being defined in the CPU configuration...

Either you can use a data block instead of marker memory... Or use marker memory but it should be within the retentive range which is being defined in the CPU configuration...

how can i define the retentive range and where?

And what do you mean by Data block? like normal data block? How can that work out?