Need a program created in CCW Developer Edition with UDTs

Ajility

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a sample program that has some UDTs defined in it for the MicroLogix platform.

To create them, you need to have the developer edition of Connected Components Workbench (I think v20.1).

Its pretty expensive - if you have a copy on hand, I'd appreciate the help.

I'm hoping to use this program to do some testing & help support an open-source Python library. You can find out more about that library here:
https://github.com/ottowayi/pycomm3

Thanks
Sam

Welcome to the forum!

Do you mean Micro800, not MicroLogix? I am pretty sure the MicroLogix platform does not have UDTs.
_

Last edited:
@drbitboy I do mean Micro800 series. I'm mainly interfacing with ControlLogix and don't know much about the other RA platforms.

Thank you
Sam

@drbitboy I do mean Micro800 series. I'm mainly interfacing with ControlLogix and don't know much about the other RA platforms.

Thank you
Sam

The problem is, having a copy of the software isn't enough. You need the license. It's the license that unlocks the features.

The problem is, having a copy of the software isn't enough. You need the license. It's the license that unlocks the features.

I was hoping the program could be run with the Micro800 simulator, but I wouldn't be able to make changes to the UDTs

I'll guess you've already been through this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOtodm8QKL0

BTW, your pylogix library is kick ***, thank you for creating it

You could probably test with some pre-defined data types like LCD_REM or MODULE_INFO. However, here's a project with a few custom data types defined. There are no programs created, just a few data types. This was created in CCW12 for a Micro820, 2080-LC20-20QWB V10. I could do a different controller or some particular structures if needed. My Developer Edition is only 12 at this time.

The types I created end with "UDT". Make a variable and scroll through the available types to find them. Capitalization of BOOL vs Bool is different in TopLevelMix and AnotherMixed. I experimented a bit and didn't clean up completely. I found that "CAPS" and "caps" cannot coexist as different elements of a UDT for a duplicate name.

Names of created types:
MotorUDT
TopLevelMixUDT includes SubLevelMixUDT
AnotherMixedUDT
DoubleDintUDT
StringSizesUDT

Last edited: