Remote control Factory Talk SE by Smart Phone

minaykha

Hi All,

i am wondering, is there anyway to control and monitor Factory Talk SE HMI from Smart Phone by using network connection ?

I know the one HMI brand call"JMobile" got that kind of feature.
In "JMobile" you can create HMI displays for both Local application and Web application.
You can access your HMI displays as Web application by using your Smart Phone with User name,Password and specific network connection from anyplace of the world.

Can anyone got any idea how to get similar application in Factory Talk SE ?
Thank.
Min.

Have a read up on View Only clients (I think they might also be called thin clients?). They work in much the same way as you describe. Although I'm not 100% sure of the logistics of tunnelling into the network from outside the plant, I would imagine a VPN or IPSec tunnel or something would be required.